THIS SITE IS STILL BEING UPDATED DAILY and PUBLISHED CHANGES WILL HAPPEN DAILY. Other pages are underway, have a look around.
CONTENT IS BEING UPDATED AND THIS MESSAGE WILL BE REMOVED ONCE SITE IS COMPLETE AND BLOG SITE GOES LIVE.
If you have items you believe should be on this site please email Giles@solarminimum.net
Thanks for your patience, the site is going to be far more than the previous version and I am excited with the new platform capability including being able to present data models and visualisation of my investigations. These models are still being developed but will be independently reviewed and validated prior to publishing.
Whilst I have linked to official sites all other content is my opinion or an interpretation of what is advertised as fact.
Why I created this site
I have an extensive background in Information Technology, Records, Information, and Data Management. I see patterns in data models when visualized and can interpret what changes I see between one model run to the next. I have not seen any real so called climate change impacts in my region.
I have started looking beyond atmospheric chemistry, and since 2008 I have been monitoring the Sun and Cosmos forcing mechanisms and found many events caused by changes in solar output.
I want facts, not conspiracies, I want science to become science again without need of so called consensus.
Having been on various social media platforms, and seeing the ongoing tech monopoly enforcing fact checking, demonetizing and silencing those who share empirical facts that counter major organisations models, I have decided that I wanted my own site and voice.
This site will add more pages and content as I feel the need to share that item. I hope you enjoy the content on this site.
Science is never settled! – My high school and college science teachers both clearly and regularly stated that science is a process of assessment, review, document and resetting for a new base. Scientists understand that observations are rarely complete without fault or gaps and that interpretations often vary. The scientific method is a systematic, objective technique for fact finding and fact checking based on observations and logical deduction that can be independently verified and is thus self-correcting.
Data to the rescue? – Data has become the term that is abused massively now in regard to Climate and Weather. Multiple intergovernmental organisations are claiming now that their data sets are complete/comprehensive and show that humans are warming the planet. However, these forecast models are not matching the empirical data from the forecast period and thus far none of the forecast “Climate Change” items such as regular snow, massive increases in sea level have occurred.
Why Data is missing or why is the data inaccurate? – As a data management consultant I am often bought in to an organization to resolve data related issues. The following are the key issues found and these often are the same issues that the Meteorology organisations have.
- Cherry picked periods used vs all data periods
- Weather Anomaly forecasting uses periods such as 1961 to 1990 (Why?)
- Lack of data governance
- Weak data quality standards
- Missing or incorrect metadata
- Manipulating data so that it no longer represents the raw/empirical source data
- Data being applied with in a model to deliver a desired outcome vs the data telling a story in it self.
- Weather stations used for climate change reports are all within heat islands (Cities or towns) . Rarely are remote/rural weather stations used that show a completely different story
- Elevation is often ignored or miscalculated in forecasting temperatures, which is largely a static math statement of 0.65 degrees Celsius per 100 meters in elevation. Often location based apps reporting or forecasting does not use this accurately and you get a far cooler temp than what was forecast.
- People buying off the shelf weather stations, installing them without calibration are adding to the mess of poor quality data being utilized by companies for their weather models.